Kathy will customize an intensive, experiential Training of Trainers session for students, staff and faculty. Participants will experience high-impact activities that provide foundational concepts, skills and tools for engaging issues of inclusion, equity, and social justice on campus. They will “learn by doing” and then reflect on their experience to reap insights to apply in the training sessions they will facilitate in the future.
- Review key principles and tools for designing activities and workshops that maximize learning and participant engagement
- Learn and practice advanced facilitation skills and tools to create and sustain an effective learning environment
- Deepen self-awareness and the ability to “use self as instrument,” to use themselves as an instrument of teaching and intervention
- Explore and practice ways to productively engage resistance during difficult dialogues
- Practice tools to use triggering events as effective teachable moments
- Identify the top 10 pitfalls and “Don’ts” of facilitation that undermine student engagement and learning.